Site Meter

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Here I am...rock you like a hurricane

Hi, Y'all!!!

Well, we made it. Exactly one week ago, Lily and I were getting turned away at Newark Airport because our flight down to Baton Rouge had been canceled for no good reason (a little misty rain? Come on, pilot! You pussy! It's only my life and my soon-to-be-6-year-old's life. Let's take a gamble!!)

Alas, we were stuck in Jersey for the night. A fate worse than death to many.
So, defeated, we gathered our two cats (each was tucked snugly in an airline-approved travel carrier; the bigger one, Sea Monkey, would later shit himself on the air train en route to the Best Western), and trudged reluctantly away from our would-be departure gate.

We were transient, free-falling, flappin in the wind. We'd packed up our New York City apartment a couple days before (at a grossly inflated price, I might add; Advice: Never go with a mover from Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, who assures you in Tony Soprano-ese that there are no 'hidden charges') and our worldly treasures were en route (fingers crossed!) to Louisiana. We'd hugged my parents goodbye at the security gate (where, incidentally, the guards forced us to remove each panic-stricken, neck-clawing kitty and carry him individually through the metal detector). We were ready for Louisiana, but apparently Louisiana wasn't yet ready for us.

After a good night's sleep and a couple bloody marys at the hotel restaurant, however, and after slipping the front desk kid a Hamilton and batting my sleep-deprived, smolderingly bloodshot eyes, I managed to score some kitty litter and food so that the cats didn't trash the place.

Next morning was smooth as butter. We boarded, carried our docile, cooperative cats like handbags, and arrived at our new home, where we were greeted by our ever-lovin Jeremy.

Ex-to-the-frikkin-hale.

So, my darlings. Here's to the beginning of a fabulous new adventure. Stay tuned, lovies.
Much hilarity, I assure you, is to ensue...

8 comments:

  1. FIRST!

    I traveled with two kitties from Maui to LAX. Luckily before 9/11. I'm sure it would have been extra scratchy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. much hilarity, because i'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooot! Time to update my Blog roll and post a Kristen Blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet that you'll be together. 8^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what sort of trouble you'll get yourself into! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I sell my house, the new owner gets the cat, I will never move him again.

    Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe they made you hold you pussy as you went through the metal detector. How rude. As if you would smuggle a bomb in your pussy cat.

    ReplyDelete