Site Meter

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I adopted a black baby.


I just bought this.

Isn't it wicked awesome? I love that it's little and sporty and fuel-efficient, but mostly I love that it's black.

I feel like a total badass driving it to the Target and the craft store. I pretend it's KIT and we are on a secret mission to stop the crime lords of Baton Rouge, right after I drop off some overdue books at the public library.

Men at stoplights turn their trucker caps backwards to gawk at me as I groove to the "Welcome Back Kotter" theme on '80s on 8' on the xm radio. They wipe the drool pooling at the corners of their mouths and wish they had the cojones to ask for my digits. I know, boys. I know. You so want a piece of this.

But then the light turns green and I zoom off to pick my kid up at school, but not before stopping at the grocery store first to pick up something for dinner.

Eat my dust, suckahs!!!

10 comments:

  1. ... Please hold for a message from a rust-belt citizen...

    That's an Accent, right? It was more than likely manufactured in Asan, South Korea. I suppose price was the determinant factor in your choice of mobility, and moreover, since the Accent isn't manufactured in the Huntsville, Alabama plant, I am quite sure your purchase choice was not made out of malice towards any one.

    However, in five to seven years, I would hope that you would look to a vehicle manufactured on this continent. Hyundai is doing exciting things with its electric vehicle division, and you could find your next ride to have a socket instead of a gas tank.

    Or... you could buy an electric Ford Focus, built at the Wayne, Michigan assembly plant. Six miles from my house.

    ... The preceding was a message from a rust-belt citizen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the addition to your family. I too have a Black Accent and love the MPG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has an XM receiver in its black little self???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, I swear, I'm not even cool enough to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something about having a new car that just re-ignites you, making you want to do anything and everything.

    I would toss some coins in the back, then instructing you NEVER to remove them for good luck. But sadly, the car is not in Stone Ridge or New Paltz.

    Congrats...

    When do we get the soapy bikini pics of you washing it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scoot, I'm all for the electric car; in fact my first choice was a hybrid, but Hyundai happens to be the cheapest car around, and I had one before and liked it. So, sorry dahlin, wallet trumps conscience in this instance. Hopefully in 5 to 7 years I'll be able to afford an electric car, because they will actually be affordable.

    Ron, really? we're car twins!!

    Jack, it do indeed. I just discovered the comedy station. Jim Gaffigan on the ride back from the school drop off makes mommy so happy I almost crashed into a pole.

    LL, well, that's how I feel about most blogs, so I can relate, honey.

    Steve, when I can fit in the jeans I mentioned in my previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how dare you refuse to pay more for an inferior product? why must you hate america so?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice ride, gurlfrien'! I'm totally jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, you are my kind of girl! Zoom zoom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice ride, needs a pair of pink fuzzy dice.

    ReplyDelete