Site Meter

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Why, it's 100 Days Day!

Wasn't sure what to do to celebrate Lily's 100 Days of School Day on Friday, as parents were instructed to glue 100 things of the same kind to the top of a shoe box and attach strings so that they could pull them like mardi gras floats in the "100 Day" parade. At first I was thinking 100 bottle caps, because we have a 10 gallon pickle tub's worth of discarded caps that Jeremy is saving for a project (not this project, I can assure you), but I didn't wanna nick them while he was away on a crappy business trip, that seemed doubly cruel. Also, though I could give a swollen rats ass how my family and I are perceived by strangers, there is a certain stigma attached to being that kid that brought in all the Sam Adams caps.

100 qtips seemed gross. 100 rubber bands was trite. So we opted for 100 pennies. And omg, my hands smell like a freakin' homeless shelter now.

9 comments:

  1. What's trite about rubber bands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you going to send your kid to school with caps from beer bottles, at least it's good beer.

    So sad, the winter lager has all ready dried up here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you really didn't want to put that much work into it you could just tape a dollar to the box ;-) I can't help it I always look for the easy way out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK seriously, what's up with the word verification? My word was HYMUN.... seems a tad inappropriate...

    ReplyDelete
  5. since when do you give a rat's ass how you're perceived by strangers?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I remember when my kids used to get all excited about the 100 days celebration... Damn them for growing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cuz you were supposed to let Lily glue the pennies on (so HER hands could smell like a homeless shelter)! Must remember swollen rat's ass; much more picturesque than a plain rat's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of 100 days--cute idea. I'm proud of your bottle cap collection. If they were Bud or Bud Light, I'd have to rethink all my assumptions about you.

    ReplyDelete