Site Meter

Monday, November 30, 2009

CAUTION: I'm really lame.

So I'm driving this morning and I see a mom from Lily's school in front of me, and she's got a bumper sticker that says, CAUTION, and something illegible beneath it. So me, desperately trying to add to my short friend roster in this new city, am thinking, oooh, let's check this out. Maybe it says something racy and/or provocative, or at least un-Jesusy, and maybe this is a mom I need to have a Community Coffee with.

As I inched up to the car though, I saw it said, "Caution, I drive like a Cullen".

As in, Edward Cullen. From the "Twilight" movies.

Oh.

Immediately all I could think of was Amy Poehler as the mom in "Mean Girls", in the hot pink Juicy sweat suit, chillin with the teen girls and serving them appletinis after school and wanting to 'hang out', and asking, "So, what's the 411? What's the HOT GOSSIP???"




And I realized that although I enjoy the Miley and the High School Musical and sometimes even listen to Disney XM when the kid's not even in the car, this profoundly shames me and I would never, ever, EVER admit it to anyone (except all of you), much less advertise my love of my kid's teeny bopper culture on a bumper sticker.

So, Judgy McMe votes nay on that mother. I think that we shall probably not be friends, after all.

6 comments:

  1. I just find the whole sparkling thing to be awful. Just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twilight sucks! What? So, yeah pass on the idiot w/the bumper sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty lame that you knew enough about Twilight to understand that bumper sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, dear Krissyface, originally I thought I'd be afraid to meet you in real life because what if you thought I'm not cool at all and I'm just a douchy old bat? But now I'm thinking I'm actually cooler than you since I had no idea what a fucking Cullen was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also do not get the Cullen reference!
    If that is lame, I wish to be the mayor of Lame-dom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geeesh a bumper sticker? That means she actually SHELLED OUT CASH for it, washed her vehicle and made the 1/2 hour decision on where to put it. Nope, you don't wanna be signing up for that mom-troop. "Twi-moms" That's the name for them (I heard it on t.v.) :P (Ok actually I heard it on the Martha Stewart show while trying not to gouge my eye's out because none of our other channels would come in.) (for gods sake she was showing one of those twilight boys how to make an ADVENT calender! Could he care ANY LESS!??? JEEESSSUUUSS Martha have you NO SHAME!?)

    ReplyDelete